Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Night School

The majority of my college years was spent going to school in between or after my work hours. This meant a lot of night classes. I'm so glad things have come a long way from my fighting ASU to get the prerequisite math classes for my Bachelors degree available at night. When I went there, they were only available during the day. I remember sitting down with one of the staff counselors at ASU and telling them that they are not servicing my needs as their customer (student). It was entirely true. Up until the late 1990's to early 2000's, the majority of the upper level classes required for graduation were only available during the day. If you were supporting yourself - and in my case paying my own way through college - leaving work to take these classes was not an option.


Here's the article the video came from:

The Great Recession's Lost Generation

No comments: