Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ten Year Anniversary

August 14th was the 10 year anniversary of Decker's death. I had some things already planned, but instead I spent time with Mom, playing chauffeur for her with her errands and having lunch together.

That evening, however, I noticed something strange going on at home. It was rather warm and wasn't cooling off. I wasn't sure if it was because of the weather, or if it was the air conditioning, but I soon realized it was at 86 degrees inside my home and it wasn't cooling down. Of course this happens on a Saturday night.

The air conditioner was completely replaced Summer of 2009, so everything was under warranty, and it was VERY nice that the air conditioner men who installed the unit came on Sunday to take a look at everything.

They found that the coils had completely frozen. I mean frozen as there was a solid sheet of ice over the coils. Between that and the electrical malfunction that was keeping the fan running continuously ( they disconnected the power and the fan was still running) due to an electrical current coming in from behind the transformer - which could have burned down my home - the men working on it were scratching their heads. They couldn't figure out how this stuff had happened.

Then I remembered a little something about Decker. Decker liked to play practical jokes, ones that would always leave people scratching their heads to figure them out. Yeah, my husband is warped that way. It appears he was having a little fun with everyone that weekend, just to make sure my anniversary weekend wouldn't be a dull one. This isn't the first time, and won't be the last. LOL.

No comments: