Monday, July 19, 2010

JelliBeanz's Dedication To Me

JB sent me this as a video for me:



Oh Fortuna has a history to it, which I didn't know about until this evening. It describes the pain that comes with misfortune, and has been used in recent culture to give sound to cataclysmic disasters.

The sad part is, I don't feel this way about what's happened. Am I upset over getting banned? Yes, but that was not my decision. I also don't believe it was just misfortune that got me banned either. Things happen for a reason, this is no exception. While I've not been comfortable in being hit with slams for how I choose to act in these situations, one thing I have been defiantly clear about has occurred over the last few months: the truth has come out.

A few weekends ago I decided to hold a free, online convention for those who couldn't afford $1,100 per person for the "official" convention. Through my friends (both the banned ones and those from alt.fan who chose to participate), the truth came out on that site. Truth that needed to be revealed, as embarrassing as it was for Barry, in order for everyone to be on the same page about the people his management has been favoring in support of the banishments.

Now that the playing field has been leveled, they still continue to ban people from the MMN, clearly showing where they stand. We are showing ours. While most people have probably forgotten this song, it has been a favorite of mine since I first heard it and feel the lyrics apply now.

No comments: