Saturday, July 3, 2010

Healing

Healing can come in many physical or emotional forms, and this past week I had a little of both.

The 10 year anniversary of Decker's passing will be on August 14th, but I wanted to have something accomplished before that date that has been painful for me. Decker's suits in our closet. Decker and I were both "stuff" people. Basically, we were packrats. While there was some stuff I was able to dispose of after Decker's death, his suits were a lingering issue. It would mean he was really gone if they were gone. Decker's 52nd birthday would have been Tuesday, and it occurred to me that he was the kind of man who would literally give the shirt off his back to help someone else. He wouldn't have wanted me hanging on to those clothes knowing someone else could use them. So they, along with a bunch of other items, went to a donation center on Wednesday.



I also went through and got rid of a lot of trash and recycling.



The physical form of healing (besides having a less cluttered home) came when I awoke Wednesday morning and found that the last of the scab covering the sutures above my belly button had come off and the skin was now exposed. Gross, yes, but I've pulled the stitches there on a few occasions and I'm glad to see things are finally healing for good.

No comments: