Saturday, May 29, 2010

First Day of Summer

Yesterday was a rough day.

You would think that speaks volumes, but it's only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm still hurting from the surgery, and have the limited mobility, so doing what needs to be done required a lot of help. I did try to be proactive about getting things done, but there just wasn't enough time, so I'll be back on Tuesday to finish cleaning out my classroom. I left Friday a little after 6 pm after having started my day there at 7:30 am.

Then, there were the emotional goodbyes that yesterday brought. There are 9 or 10 people leaving the school, most of them teachers. There are also the students who got promoted from 8th grade yesterday who are now embarking on that exciting and scary thing called high school. They will also be missed.

And today, well today, I spent sleeping, eating and taking my Tylenol. I needed a break, actually I could probably stand to take tomorrow off as well, but I do have things to do. Usually the first day of summer is like this for me, because the last day at work usually pushes me to the point of exhaustion, and this year was no different.

If you have friends who happen to be teachers, please be kind to them over the summer, they need a break from the garbage they've endured for 10 months.

No comments: